Governance & Membership
Board of Governors Vacancies
The deadline for submitting nominating petitions is 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 6, 2019.?A narrative bio in Word and photograph with resolution of 200 dpi or more is due by Sept. 6, 2019, to Debbie Brink at email@example.com.
For information on current board members and officers,?visit the Board of Governors page.
These are one-year terms.
- Current:? Susan B. Shields, Oklahoma City
- Nominee:??Michael C. Mordy, Ardmore
- Current: Lane R. Neal, Oklahoma City
- Nominee:??Brandi N. Nowakowski, Shawnee
Board of Governors
These are all three-year terms (2020-2022).?Elections for contested positions will be held at the House of Delegates meeting Nov. 8, during the Nov. 6-8 OBA Annual Meeting.?Terms of the present OBA officers and governors will terminate Dec. 31, 2019.
Supreme Court Judicial District Two
- Current: Mark E. Fields, McAlester
- Nominee:?Michael J. Davis,?Durant
- Counties: Atoka, Bryan, Choctaw, Haskell, Johnston, Latimer, LeFlore, McCurtain, McIntosh, Marshall, Pittsburg, Pushmataha, Sequoyah
Supreme Court Judicial District Eight
- Current: Jimmy D. Oliver, Stillwater
- Nominee: Joshua A. Edwards,?Ada
- Counties: Coal,?Hughes, Lincoln, Logan, Noble, Okfuskee, Payne, Pontotoc, Pottawatomie, Seminole
Supreme Court Judicial District Nine
- Current: Bryon J. Will, Yukon
- Nominee:??Robin L. Rochelle, Lawton
- Counties:?Caddo, Canadian, Comanche, Cotton, Greer, Harmon, Jackson, Kiowa, Tillman
- Current:? James R. Hicks, Tulsa
- Nominee:??Amber Peckio Garrett, Tulsa
Summary of Nominations Rules
Not less than 60 days prior to the annual meeting, 25 or more voting members of the OBA within the Supreme Court Judicial District from which the member of the Board of Governors is to be elected that year, shall file with the executive director, a signed petition (which may be in parts) nominating a candidate for the?office of member of the Board of Governors?for and from such judicial district, or one or more county bar associations within the judicial district may file a nominating resolution nominating such a candidate.
Not less than 60 days prior to the annual meeting, 50 or more voting members of the OBA from any or all judicial districts shall file with the executive director a signed petition nominating a candidate to the?office of member at?large?on the Board of Governors, or three or more county bars may file appropriate resolutions nominating a candidate for this office.
Not less than 60 days before the opening of the annual meeting, 50 or more voting members of the association may file with the executive director a signed petition nominating a candidate for the?office of president?elect?or?vice president, or three or more county bar associations may file appropriate resolutions nominating a candidate for the office.
If no one has filed for one of the vacancies, nominations to any of the above offices shall be received from the House of Delegates on a petition signed by not less than 30 delegates certified to and in attendance at the session at which the election is held.
See Article II and Article III of the bylaws?for complete information regarding offices, positions, nominations, and election procedure.